Alternative Orient Express
- Enjoy the adventure of scheduled rail travel across Europe
- A classic Orient Express route
- Spend considerably less than the Venice Simplon Orient Express
- Extend your holiday with time in Venice
- Option to spend time in Bucharest
- Option to upgrade to private sleeping accommodation on board trains
- 5 Days from £798
1 June to 30 September Only
Day 1 – Fly to Istanbul
Begin your adventure with a flight from London to Istanbul arriving in time for an evening meal before boarding the overnight train to Bucharest.
Day 2 – Overnight in Bucharest
Arrive in Bucharest early evening and spend the night at a hotel close to the station.
Day 3 – Your Rail Journey Begins
Free morning in Bucharest before boarding the train early afternoon to travel to Vienna.
Day 4 – Explore Vienna
Arrive in Vienna in time for breakfast and spend the day at leisure exploring Vienna. Board the overnight train to Venice late evening.
Day 5 – Venice and Home
Arrive in Venice at breakfast time and take a waterbus to the airport. A lunch time flight arrives back in London early afternoon.
For the real deal “Venice Simplon Orient Express” click here.
Ibis Gara De Nord, Bucharest
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Standard class rail travel as shown
- Berth in a 6-berth couchette on overnight trains
- Private transfer from Istanbul airport to station
- Waterbus from Venice to the airport
- 1 hotel nights on a B&B basis.
Price per person
Ask about upgrading to private sleeper compartments for 1 or 2 people. Extend your trip with nights in Istanbul, Bucharest, Vienna or Venice.
Download your tour booking form here.
Ffestiniog Travel provides 'out of hours' support for all independent travellers in the event of an emergency.