Alternative Orient Express
- Enjoy the adventure of scheduled rail travel across Europe
- A classic Orient Express route
- Spend considerably less than the Venice Simplon Orient Express
- Extend your holiday with time in Venice
- Option to spend time in Bucharest
- Option to upgrade to private sleeping accommodation on board trains
- 5 Days from £920pp
1 June to 30 September Only
Day 1 – Fly to Istanbul
Begin your adventure with a flight from London to Istanbul arriving in time for an evening meal before boarding the overnight train to Bucharest.
Day 2 – Overnight in Bucharest
Arrive in Bucharest early evening and spend the night at a hotel close to the station.
Day 3 – Your Rail Journey Begins
Free morning in Bucharest before boarding the train early afternoon to travel to Vienna.
Day 4 – Explore Vienna
Arrive in Vienna in time for breakfast and spend the day at leisure exploring Vienna. Board the overnight train to Venice late evening.
Day 5 – Venice and Home
Arrive in Venice at breakfast time and take a waterbus to the airport. A lunch time flight arrives back in London early afternoon.
For the real deal “Venice Simplon Orient Express” click here.
Ibis Gara De Nord, Bucharest
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Standard class rail travel as shown
- Berth in a 6-berth couchette on overnight trains
- Private transfer from Istanbul airport to station
- Waterbus from Venice to the airport
- 1 hotel nights on a B&B basis.
Price per person
Ask about upgrading to private sleeper compartments for 1 or 2 people. Extend your trip with nights in Istanbul, Bucharest, Vienna or Venice.
Download your tour booking form here.