Classic Switzerland by Rail
- At leisure in the Jungfrau region
- Rail via Lötschberg route
- Furka Steam Train
- Scenic Centovalli Line
- San Bernardino Pass bus journey
- Time to explore Rhaetian Railway Network
- Bernina Express
- 11 Days from £1,528pp
Mr & Mrs Coane commented: “All ran very smoothly, thanks to your efficiency and helpfulness.”
Mr & Mrs Ian Coane of Dorset and their friends Mr & Mrs Chris Hillier - June 2013
Our clients wanted to sample the scenic Swiss Railways using the wonderfully flexible Swiss Pass so we prepared an 11-day trip starting with a return SWISS flight from Heathrow to Zurich. Using the Swiss Pass they travelled via Bern and Interlaken Ost to Wilderswil for a 3-night stay that gave them time to explore the mountain railways and cable cars of the Jungfrau region or to relax on the lake. From Wilderswil they transferred by train via the Lötschberg route to the Rhone valley and Brig. Their 1-day stay in Brig was for the purpose of riding on the Furka steam line which operates in the summer season over part of the original route of the Glacier Express. From Brig they used the scenic Centovalli line to Locarno where a connection was made with the postbus route over the San Bernardino Pass to Chur. Three days in Chur gave them plenty of time to explore the Rhaetian Railways, including a full day excursion on the Bernina Express to Tirano and return. On the final day a short transfer on the main line from Chur took them to Zurich airport for their flight home.
- Return SWISS flight Heathrow to Zurich
- First class Swiss Travel Pass for unlimited travel on trains, postbuses, lake steamers and many city buses/trams. Reduced fares on mountain railways and cable cars.
- Full return journey on Furka steam train
- Bernina Express supplement and reservation in first class
- Accommodation in good quality, centrally located hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
Price per person
From £1,528 per person sharing
Download your tour booking form here.
Ffestiniog Travel provides 'out of hours' support for all independent travellers in the event of an emergency.