Luxury Portmeirion Break
- Experience the magic of staying in Portmeirion on a half board basis
- A chance to experience the beauty of Snowdonia from almost 40 miles of scenic railway
- Luxury first class travel on both the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways
- Savour the romance of gleaming steam engines and carriages
- Buffet service at your seat
- Free access to all Portmeirion village facilities
- 4 Days from £685pp
Friday 29 March to Monday 1 April 2019
An ideal Mother’s Day treat – stay in luxury accommodation on the North Wales coast. This 4-day UK break includes a stay in the wonderful Italianate-style village of Portmeirion, nestled alongside the stunning coastline. Enjoy first class scenic steam train journeys on the world famous Ffestiniog & Welsh Highland Railways that will deliver wonderful views of the Welsh countryside including Snowdonia National Park. We can even arrange for chocolates, fizz and flowers to greet special guests on arrival at an extra cost.
Day 1 – Portmeirion
Arrive independently at Portmeirion any time in the afternoon. Once you have checked in you can explore the beautiful Italianate village and perhaps take a walk around the headland and through the wood or perhaps book a spa treatment before enjoying a delicious dinner.
Day 2 – Ffestiniog Railway
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before making your way to nearby Harbour Station in Porthmadog to travel to the slate quarrying town of Blaenau Ffestiniog in first class on the oldest narrow gauge railway in the world, the Ffestiniog Railway (FR) which will deliver some wonderful views of the Vale of Ffestiniog.
Day 3 – Welsh Highland Railway
Another morning return to Harbour Station to enjoy a relaxing journey on the Welsh Highland Railway in first class to Caernarfon, passing through the stunning Aberglaslyn Pass, the picture postcard village of Beddgelert and the foot of Mount Snowdon.
Day 4 – Journey Home
Enjoy another leisurely breakfast, check out and say farewell before travelling home.
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Accommodation in a luxury Portmeirion hotel on a half board basis
- First class rail tickets for the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway
Price per person
From £685 per person sharing
Download your tour booking form here.