Roald Dahl Literary Mini-Break
- Discover the real Roald Dahl
- Visit the Roald Dahl Museum
- Visit the Roald Dahl Children's Gallery
- Visit Beckonscot Model Village & Railway
- Option to travel by rail rather than car available
- 3 days priced from £595 for a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children)
"When you grow up and have children of your own, do please remember something important: A stodgy parent is not fun at all! What a child wants - and DESERVES - is a parent who is SPARKY!" – Roald Dahl, Danny Champion of the World
So be a sparky parent, and treat your little ones to a mini-break inspired by two of Britain's greatest children's authors; Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton.
Day 1 - Roald Dahl Trail
An early afternoon check-in at your Aylesbury hotel gives a free afternoon to explore the area at leisure. Why not spend the time following the Roald Dahl trail?
Day 2 - Roald Dahl Day
Dedicate today to arguably the greatest children’s author of all time, Roald Dahl. Visit the Children’s Gallery and ride the Great Glass Elevator, browse through Matilda’s library and explore sound with the BFG. Spend the afternoon visiting Roald Dahl’s museum, learning about his life and seeing his original writing hut.
Day 3 - Blyton and Bekonscot
Visit Beaconsfield, Enid Blyton's former home village and have lunch (not included) at the Red Lion pub in Knotty Green. Their Enid Blyton room has a gallery of photograph's and original prints along with a library of the author's books, donated by members of the Enid Blyton Society. Before heading home burn off some energy at the Bekonscot Model Village and Railway - inspiration for Noddy's Toytown Village.
- Two nights accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis at Holiday Inn, Aylesbury – in a family room
- Entry into the Roald Dahl Museum & Story Centre
- Entry into the Roald Dahl’s Children’s Gallery
- Entry into the Bekonscot Model Village & Railway
Price for a family of 4
From £595 for 2 adults and 2 children
No car? No problem. We can also include rail travel from your local station to Aylesbury, and from Aylesbury to the attractions at extra cost.
Please note attractions are not open year-round.
Download your tour booking form here.