Barcelona and Madrid
- Fast direct TGV service Paris to Barcelona
- High speed Spanish rail routes
- Centrally located hotels
- Optional city excursions available
- Free time in Barcelona and Madrid
- 8 Days from £1,060
This week-long unescorted rail holiday to Spain's wonderful cities of Barcelona and Madrid is all about letting the train take the strain and making the journey an enjoyable experience. Instead of hanging around at the airport keep on the move on this great European rail trip. Spend a relaxed afternoon on Eurostar from St Pancras to Paris before boarding a sleeper train to Barcelona where you can unwind further in a 2-berth sleeper compartment and wake-up the next morning in Barcelona fresh as a daisy for two-days of independent sightseeing. Spain's high-speed AVE trains mean on day four it's a quick transfer to Madrid for a three-night stay and plenty of time to explore this grand capital city.
Returning home from Madrid by sleeper train via Paris to London will still feel like part of the holiday. Let us arrange your travel and accommodation so you can simply sit back and enjoy the journey as much as the sightseeing.
Conveniently timed departure on Eurostar from London St Pancras International to Paris. Overnight hotel close to Gare de Lyon.
Early morning direct TGV service from Paris to Barcelona. City centre hotel for 2 nights. Remainder of the day free for sightseeing.
Free day based in Barcelona. Sights worth visiting include the Sagrada Familia basilica and the Gaudi museum. The most famous street in town is La Rambla with the Barri Gothis (old town) area lying adjacent.
Transfer after breakfast to Sants station in Barcelona for the high speed train service to Madrid. City centre hotel for 3 nights. Remainder of the day free to explore the city.
Days 5 & 6
Free days based in Madrid for sightseeing. Full day based in Madrid. The top 10 city attractions include the Royal Palace, Plaza Mayor and the Fuente (fountain) de Cibeles.
Mid morning train from Madrid to Barcelona to connect with TGV to Paris, arriving late evening. Overnight hotel.
Eurostar service to suit from Paris to London St Pancras International.
- Standard class Eurostar return London to Paris
- Metro tickets for Paris transfers
- Standard class ticket + reservation Paris to Barcelona and return
- Standard class ticket + reservation Barcelona to Madrid and return
- 2 separate nights in en suite room on b&b basis in Paris
- 2 nights in en suite room on b&b basis in Barcelona
- 3 nights in en suite room on b&b basis in Madrid
- Transfers between station and hotel in both Barcelona and Madrid
- Local transport costs in Barcelona and Madrid
Price per person
From £1,060 per person sharing
Download your tour booking form here.