Ffestiniog Travel blog
A Rail Tour of Ireland in Pictures
Never is the well-used phrase ‘a picture paints a thousand words’ so pertinent than when parading your holiday snaps, and as a tour operator Ffestiniog Travel actively welcomes its customers to share their visual experiences of our rail tours with us. Keen photo blogger Vince Chadwick recently returned from our 15-day Irish Circular escorted tour and has captured his experience in captioned images that offer a real taste of the ‘Emerald Isle’.
Vince ends his photo blog with the words:
“What a fabulous holiday. Two weeks in Ireland travelling mostly by rail in good company (18 of us plus our tour guide - and Gerry of course), visiting so many small railways and other interesting destinations.”
And you can see for yourself by browsing through his many images and helpful captions on his Vince’s World blog website http://vinchad.blogspot.com/2016/06/ffestiniog-travel-irish-circular.html.
Follow Vince’s journey around Ireland and see what this small group of travellers encountered in this well-researched Ffestiniog Travel tour that included:
- A private talk given by a representative of Irish Rail - Exclusive to Ffestiniog Travel
- An opportunity to view Ireland’s largest private collection of railway memorabilia
- Travel on the newly opened rail line from Ennis to Athenry
- Spectacular scenery from mountains to coastline
- In-depth tour taking in the South and the North and its many railways
- Dinner in the Old Station House of the Londonderry and Lough Swilly Railway Company
- Visit to the Giant’s Causeway, Ireland’s only UNESCO World Heritage Site
Ffestiniog Travel will be repeating a section of this tour in September 2017 on its Far West of Ireland escorted holiday when we travel on Iarnród Éireann's modern fleet, experience a unique form of rail travel at Lartigue Monorail and indulge in a spot of nostalgia at the West Clare Railway and Foynes Flying Boat Museum. With stays in Dublin, Galway, Limerick, Tralee and Cork, and an Explorer Pass for optional independent travel, this tour offers another wonderful opportunity to immerse yourself in Irish culture.
If you are inspired by Vince’s blog and would like to find out more about our Irish tour next year please contact us to register your interest. We can also arrange tailor made tours to Ireland that include elements of our recent visit to the ‘Emerald Isle’.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.