- Direct Eurostar from London St Pancras to Amsterdam
- Centrally located hotels
- Excursions to the Railway Museum, Utrecht & the Hoorn - Medemblik Railway
- Option to upgrade rail and accommodation options
- 4 days from £3,085 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 12)
- 4 days from £2,030 for two adults sharing
(Timetable varies daily)
Amsterdam is the perfect location for a European short break, and now thanks to the introduction of the new direct Eurostar service the Dutch capital is closer than you think. Explore the city’s elaborate canal system and artistic heritage on this short three night break, and enjoy a journey back in time on the Hoorn to Medemblik Railway and a visit to the Netherland’s National Railway Museum.
Quotes using alternative accommodation are available upon request.
Day 1 – Eurostar to Amsterdam
Depart London St Pancras on a mid-morning direct Eurostar to Amsterdam. After checking into your accommodation, enjoy the evening at leisure in the heart of Dutch capital.
Day 2 – Netherlands National Railway Museum
Today, emerge yourself in the history of the Dutch railway system with a visit to the ‘Spoorswegmusuem’ Railway Museum in nearby Utrecht. Located at a beautifully restored former railway station, the large exhibition hall houses a comprehensive collection of old locomotives and carriages – from the steam trains of the 19th and 20th century to diesel and electric units of today.
Alternatively, the city has plenty of other Museums - why not visit the NEMO Science Museum which boast 5 floors of exciting hands-on activities? Or go to the top of A'Dam Lookout for a 360˚ view and the opportunity to ride Europe's highest swing, almost 100 metres above the ground!
Day 3 – Hoorn to Medemblik Railway
Explore the Westfreisian countryside by steam, as you visit the Hoorn to Medemblik Railway. At Hoorn visit the heritage signal box and workshop, before boarding a mid-morning departure to the coast at Medemblik. From here either return to Hoorn by rail or take sail on board a heritage 1950s ferry to Enkhuizen along the former south sea The Ijsselmeer.
Day 4 – Explore Amsterdam & Direct Eurostar Home
Enjoy free time for sightseeing in the Dutch capital, before returning home on an early evening direct Eurostar service to London St Pancras.
Double Tree by Hilton Amsterdam Centraal
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Direct Eurostar tickets to and from Amsterdam in standard class
- Rail tickets for travel to Utrecht and Hoorn in standard class
- 3 nights’ accommodation in 4* centrally located hotel on B&B basis
- Entry to the Railway Museum, Utrecht
- Tickets for the Hoorn Medemblik Railway
From £2,030 for two adults sharing
From £3,085 for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children under 12)
Download your tour booking form here.