Switzerland’s Lake Lucerne
- Half board in hotel close to the station, steamer quay and city
- Ascent of two mountains by train (Rigi and Pilatus)
- Three lake cruises (Vitznau, Alpnachstad and Flüelen)
- Brünig and Gotthard Passes by train
- The historic city of Lucerne
- 6 Days from £1,380pp
Monday 18 September to Saturday 23 September 2017
Lucerne boasts glorious mountain and lake scenery, an ideal destination for a rail holiday with a variety of escorted excursions to enjoy – even shopping!
Day 1 – London to Lucerne by Train
Morning Eurostar train to Paris, then TGV high speed service to Basle with connection to Lucerne, arriving mid-evening in time for dinner. The hotel is opposite the station and our 5-night stay is on a half board basis.
Day 2 – Explore the Rigi by Boat and Train
Free morning in Lucerne – the famous wooden Kapellbrücke is two minutes from the hotel. Afternoon boat trip on the lake to Vitznau for mountain rack railway ascent of the Rigi. Return via Arth Goldau and main line train to Lucerne.
Day 3 – Interlaken
A comfortable and relaxing two hour train journey over the Brünig Pass, through beautiful mountain and lake scenery, brings us to the famous resort of Interlaken where there is time to explore.
Day 4 – Pilatus
No holiday to Lucerne is complete without one of our favourite Alpine excursions – lake steamer to Alpnachstad, mountain railway to Pilatus Summit, cable car descent to Kriens and trolleybus back to Lucerne.
Day 5 – The Gotthard Pass
We take one of Lake Lucerne’s famous paddle steamers for a full 3-hour cruise along the lake to Flüelen. From here the train takes us up the famous Gotthard route with its amazing hairpins to Göschenen. Finally we board the rack railway to travel up through the Schöllenen Gorge to the resort of Andermatt. Return by train to Lucerne.
Day 6 – Homeward Bound
Return to London via Paris and Eurostar to St. Pancras.
Hotel Waldstätterhof, Lucerne
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Rail travel as specified in standard class
- Seat reservations on international outward and return journeys and, where available, in Switzerland
- Tell Pass for unlimited travel within the Lake Lucerne region (includes mountain railways and lake steamers)
- Accommodation in good quality hotels on half board basis
- Paris inter-station transfers
- Services of a tour leader from London and throughout the tour
Price per person
|Single room supplement:||£125|
|Deposit for this holiday:||£100|
|Due to a change in currency rates a surcharge has been applied to this tour. Please refer to clause 4 of our Booking Conditions. The surcharge is as follows:|
|Single room supplement:||£6|
|Rates of exchange used are as at 1st August 2016|
Download your tour booking form here.