Christmas Market - Munich
- Unlimited mainline rail travel within Europe for duration of stay
- Enjoy the Christmas Markets in Munich, Salzburg and Cologne
- Zugspitz rack railway (at an additional cost)
- A chance to visit Bayerisch Eisenstein and its Railway Museum
- Free travel from your home station to London before/after tour
- 8 Days from £1,455pp
Thursday 28 November to Thursday 5 December 2019
Our regular Christmas Market tour this year ventures east to the state capital of Bavaria. The Christmas Markets in Munich have been held in the Marienplatz since the 14th Century and visitors can expect unique Bavarian gifts in addition to the traditional favourites Lebkuchen (Gingerbread) and Gluhwein (Mulled wine).
Day 1 – Aachen
We take a lunchtime Eurostar from London St. Pancras to Brussels where we connect to a high speed train to Aachen. Our hotel is a short walk away and dinner here is included.
Day 2 – Bavaria and Munich
Arrive Munich late afternoon. Our hotel is within the station building with tram and underground stops conveniently outside the front door.
Day 3 – Bayerisch Eisenstein
Optional excursion to Bayerisch Eisenstein. This village straddles the German/Czech Republic border and the railway station is actually located in both countries, being split down the centre by the border! A short walk from the station is a railway museum located in a 7 track roundhouse dating from 1877.
Day 4 – Christmas Markets
Free day to explore Munich and its Christmas Markets. The main market is located in the city centre’s Marienplatz.
Day 5 – Garmisch and the Zugspitz
Optional excursion to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. From Garmisch we take the rack railway up Germany’s highest mountain, the Zugspitz.
Day 6 – Salzburg
Our InterRail pass will allow us to visit Salzburg in Austria. The Christmas Market here traces its roots back to the 15th Century and is one of Austria’s largest.
Day 7 – Cologne
To Cologne, our final overnight stop. Our hotel is ideally located in the station building and Cologne boasts no fewer than 7 markets.
Day 8 – Homeward Bound
A morning departure by high speed train from Cologne to Brussels for Eurostar service to London.
Ibis Aachen Marschiertor, Aachen
Ibis am Dom, Cologne
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Standard class rail travel throughout
- InterRail Pass for Germany
- Accommodation in good quality hotels on a bed and breakfast basis plus one evening meal
- Travel from your home station to London pre/post tour (UK residents only)
- Services of a tour leader from London and throughout the tour
Price per person
|Single room supplement:||£455|
|Deposit for this holiday:||£100|
Download your tour booking form here.