Snow on the Alps
- First class Swiss Pass for unlimited travel whilst in Switzerland
- No expensive excursions to pay for
- Stays in Chur and Lucerne
- Centrally located hotels allowing easy access on free days with your travel pass
- Reservations in first class on Glacier and Bernina Express trains
- Dinner in one of the heritage dining cars operated by Rhaetian Railways
- Arranged optional escorted excursions on free days
- 10 days from £2,650pp
Tuesday 13 February to Thursday 22 February 2024
Majestic mountains, breathtaking Alpine scenery and world famous UNESCO Rhaetian Railways journeys make this escorted winter tour unforgettable and truly special. Enjoy organised excursions or explore independently with a first class Swiss Travel Pass.
Day 1 – To Cologne
Depart on mid-morning Eurostar from London St Pancras to Brussels, then onward to Cologne for an overnight stay.
Day 2 – Onward to Chur
By rail to Basle. From here our rail travel in Switzerland will be in first class using the Swiss Travel Pass provided. We leave Basle and travel to Chur where we will stay for 4 nights.
Day 3 – Time to Explore
Using your Swiss Travel Pass a free day allows you the chance to explore Chur and the surrounding area using the UNESCO World Heritage Rhaetian Railways network. The Alpine city of Chur is the capital of the Graubünden region and is ideally situated for visiting the nearby spa resorts of Arosa and Davos. It is Switzerland’s oldest city and has a car-free pedestrianised ‘old town’. There will also be an optional escorted excursion on offer.
Day 4 – Bernina Express
Today you have the option of joining a full day escorted excursion from Chur to Tirano travelling in first class on the Bernina Express route with its spirals and tunnels and reaching an altitude of more than 2000m. The return journey will be via St Moritz in order to have dinner on the train as we travel back to Chur.
Day 5 – Chur at Leisure
A second day at leisure and again, there will be the offer of an optional escorted excursion (at no extra cost).
Day 6 – Glacier Express
Transfer by rail in first class on the famous Glacier Express to Andermatt for more incredible views from the train, then onwards to Lucerne for a 3-night stay.
Days 7 & 8 – Lucerne at Leisure
Free days based in Lucerne with the use of your Swiss Travel Pass. The town is known as the gateway to central Switzerland and sits on the edge of the lake. There will be optional escorted excursions on offer each day but, if you prefer to be independent, your experienced tour leader will help with ideas and planning.
Day 9 – To Cologne
Depart Lucerne after breakfast and travel by train via Basle to Cologne for an overnight stay.
Day 10 – Home to London
Taking the morning direct ICE train to Brussels we make a connection with the Eurostar service to London St Pancras.
CityClass Hotel Europa am Dom, Cologne
Hotel Freieck, Chur
Hotel Central Luzern, Lucerne
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Standard class travel to and from Switzerland
- First Class Swiss Pass for unlimited travel on trains, postbuses, lake steamers and many city buses and trams
- Daily optional escorted excursions
- Glacier and Bernina Express supplements
- Evening meal in dining car
- Accommodation in good quality hotels on a bed & breakfast basis
- Services of a tour leader from London and throughout the tour
Price per person
|Single room supplement:||£460|
|Deposit for this holiday:||£200|
Download your tour booking form here.