Ffestiniog Railway & Portmeirion Luxury Break
- Experience the magic of staying in Portmeirion on a half board basis
- A chance to experience the beauty of Snowdonia from almost 40 miles of scenic railway
- Luxury first class travel on both the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways with a private, informative speaker
- Savour the romance of gleaming steam engines and carriages
- Buffet service at your seat
- Free access to all Portmeirion village facilities
- 4 Days from £775
Tuesday 1 October to Friday 4 October 2019
Relax and enjoy a quality stay at the famous Italianate Portmeirion Village, nestled alongside the beautiful North Wales coastline. Steam journeys on the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railways will deliver wonderful views of the Welsh countryside and an expert guide will join you to provide some interesting background information.
Day 1 – Portmeirion
Arrive independently at Portmeirion any time in the afternoon. Once you have checked in you can explore the beautiful Italianate village before preparing for our welcome dinner and meeting fellow tour companions and tour leader.
Day 2 – Ffestiniog Railway
Morning transfer to Harbour Station in Porthmadog to travel to the slate quarrying town of Blaenau Ffestiniog in first class on the Ffestiniog Railway (FR) which will deliver some wonderful views of the Vale of Ffestiniog. We will be accompanied by our very own informative speaker and enjoy some tasty afternoon treats. Return on the FR to Minffordd Station where a private transfer will take us back to Portmeirion.
Day 3 – Welsh Highland Railway
Another morning transfer to Harbour Station to enjoy a relaxing journey on the Welsh Highland Railway in first class to Caernarfon, passing through the stunning Aberglaslyn Pass, the picture postcard village of Beddgelert and the foot of Mount Snowdon. We will again be accompanied by our own informative speaker and luxury treats will be served on board. We end the day with a group farewell dinner in Portmeirion.
Day 4 – Journey Home
After a leisurely breakfast, check out and say farewell before travelling home independently.
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Accommodation in a luxury hotel on a half board basis
- First class rail tickets for the Ffestiniog and Welsh Highland Railway
- Transfers from hotel to Harbour Station return
- Services of a tour leader throughout
Price per person
|Single room supplement:||£212|
|Deposit for this holiday:||£100|
Download your tour booking form here.