Snow on the Alps
- First class Swiss Pass for unlimited travel whilst in Switzerland
- No expensive excursions to pay for
- Two centres Chur and Interlaken
- Centrally located hotels allowing easy access on free days with your travel pass
- Reservations in first class on Glacier and Bernina Express trains
- Dinner in one of the heritage dining cars operated by Rhaetian Railways
- Arranged optional escorted excursions on free days to Arosa, Davos, Zermatt and Montreux
- 10 days from £2,500pp
Tuesday 7 February to Thursday 16 February 2023
Travel through snow-capped mountains, white Alpine scenery and ride the UNESCO 'Rhaetian Railway' on this popular winter holiday. This rail tour is a fantastic way to see the Swiss Alps in their full winter glory, from the comfort of the train!
Day 1 – To Cologne
Depart on mid-morning Eurostar from London St Pancras to Brussels, then onward to Cologne for an overnight stay.
Day 2 – Onward to Chur
By rail to Basle. From here our rail travel in Switzerland will be in first class using the Swiss Travel Pass provided. We leave Basle and travel to Chur where we will stay for 4 nights.
Day 3 – Time to Explore
Using your Swiss Travel Pass a free day allows you the chance to explore Chur and the surrounding area using the UNESCO World Heritage Rhaetian Railways network. The Alpine city of Chur is the capital of the Graubünden region and is ideally situated for visiting the nearby spa resorts of Arosa and Davos. It is Switzerland’s oldest city and has a car-free pedestrianised ‘old town’. There will also be an optional escorted excursion on offer.
Day 4 – Bernina Express
Today you have the option of joining a full day escorted excursion from Chur to Tirano travelling in first class on the Bernina Express route with its spirals and tunnels and reaching an altitude of more than 2000m. The return journey will be via St Moritz in order to have dinner on the train as we travel back to Chur.
Day 5 – Chur at Leisure
A second day at leisure and again, there will be the offer of an optional escorted excursion (at no extra cost).
Day 6 – Glacier Express
Transfer by rail in first class on the famous Glacier Express to Brig, for more incredible views from the train, then onwards to Interlaken. We stay in Interlaken for 3 nights.
Days 7 & 8 – Interlaken & the Bernese Oberland
Free days based in Interlaken with the use of your Swiss Travel Pass. There will be an optional escorted excursion on offer each day, with destinations likely to be Zermatt and Montreux. For those who enjoy independent sightseeing, Interlaken is situated between the beautiful waters of Lake Thun and Lake Brienz and the nearby Jungfrau region which boasts some stunning scenery, especially in winter.
Day 9 – To Cologne
We depart Interlaken after breakfast and make our way to Basle and onwards to Cologne for an overnight stay. We include a farewell dinner at the hotel.
Day 10 – Homeward Bound
Taking the morning direct ICE service to Brussels we make a connection with the Eurostar service to London St Pancras.
Ibis Köln am Dom, Cologne
Hotel Freieck, Chur
The Hey Hotel, Interlaken
MGallery Hotel Mondial am Dom, Cologne
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Standard class travel to and from Switzerland
- First class Swiss Pass for unlimited travel on trains, postbuses, lake steamers and many city buses and trams
- Daily optional escorted excursions
- Glacier Express and Bernina Express supplements
- One evening meal in dining car
- Accommodation in good quality hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
- Dinner on day 9
- Services of a tour leader from London and throughout the tour
Price per person
|Single room supplement:||£410|
|Deposit for this holiday:||£100|
Download your tour booking form here.