Useful Information on European Holidays Post Brexit
It is important that we emphasise that all of the tours featured in the Ffestiniog Travel 2022 brochure have a price guarantee and no currency surcharges will be applied.
Updated information can be found at www.gov.uk/government/collections/brexit-guidance
Travel to Europe after 1st January 2021
- Visa free travel for UK nationals will be limited to the Schengen area countries for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. This includes most EU nations and Iceland, Norway, Switzerland & Lichtenstein [the latter two to check the bank accounts].
- Travellers must have at least 6 months left on their passports except for Ireland
- Border Control - Use separate lanes from EU, EEA and Swiss citizens when queueing. Check your passport is stamped when entering or exiting the Schengen area as a visitor. Border guards will use passport stamps to check that you are complying with the 90-day visa free limit. You may be asked to show a return or onward ticket and show you have enough money for your stay.
- EHIC cards are valid until their expiration date.
- Global Health Insurance Card - UK residents can apply for a UK Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) to access emergency medical care when travelling in the EU. Please note that Travel Insurance with healthcare is still the best way to be covered.
- Roaming charges for mobiles should be checked with the providers, the guarantee of free roaming will end.
- The Pet Passport scheme no longer applies. An animal health certificate from a vet will be needed, issued at least 10 days in advance.
- International Driving Permits may be required in some EU countries and Norway if you have a paper driving licence or a licence issued in Guernsey, Gibraltar, Jersey, and the Isle of Man. Check with the embassy of the country you will be driving in. You must have Green Card and use GB sticker(s)
- Duty free shopping is available if travelling to the EU and the return of limits to the amount of duty free you can bring in from the EU.
If you have any specific questions about our European holidays please call 01766 512400 or email us at
Ffestiniog Travel provides 'out of hours' support for all independent travellers in the event of an emergency.