Tailored Rail Swiss Holiday
- First Class Swiss Pass for unlimited travel whilst in Switzerland – no expensive excursions to pay for
- Centrally located hotels allowing easy access on free days with your travel pass
- Rail journeys through awe inspiring Swiss scenery
- Time to explore Geneva, Zermatt and Lugano
- 10 Days from £1,925pp
Morning flight to Geneva. Transfer by rail to city centre hotel for 2 night stay. The hotel will provide a local transport ticket for use in the city and water taxis on the lake.
Free day based in Geneva. The compact old town area is well worth exploring and gives wonderful views over the lake.
By rail to Zermatt. From here rail travel in Switzerland will be in first class using the Swiss Travel Pass provided. From Geneva take the Rhone valley route to Visp then the metre gauge line up to the car free resort of Zermatt for a 2 night stay.
Free day based in the mountain resort of Zermatt at the foot of the famous Matterhorn. There are many well marked footpaths for walking in and around the town. An alternative is to take the mountain railway to the summit of the Gornergrat (supplement payable) for spectacular views of 29 peaks over 4000m high from its viewing platform.
Leaving Zermatt by train back to the Rhone valley change trains in Brig and travel on the scenic Centovalli route into Italy via Domodossola to Locarno. From there a local service operates to Lugano, situated on Lake Lugano, for a 4 night stay.
Days 6 to 8
Relaxing free time based in Lugano. There are lots of boutiques and cafes in the maze of steep cobblestone streets which rise away from the lakeside promenade as well as steamers criss-crossing the lake. It is also possible for a small extra charge to take a day trip to Milan by train.
Leave Lugano after breakfast on a direct train to Basle for an overnight stay. Free afternoon to explore the city.
Return home on lunchtime flight from Basle.
Hotel Strasbourg, Geneva
Hotel Julen, Zermatt. Room with Matterhorn view
Hotel International au Lac, Lugano
Hotel Victoria, Basle
Please note - hotels can be subject to change
- Flights in economy class to and from Switzerland with check in baggage
- First class Swiss Pass for unlimited travel on trains, postbuses, lake steamers and many city buses and trams
- Accommodation in good quality hotels on a bed and breakfast basis
Price per person
From £1,925 per person sharing
Download your tour booking form here.